In episode 232 of the V-LOG, we announced a new mode called Siege.
The great news is that with tomorrow’s server restart at 02:00 UTC, you’ll finally be able to dive right into it!
Here are the main features of the mode:
- In Siege, you increase your team’s score by capturing points on the map (similar to CP mode)
- There will be multiple points on a map, but ONLY ONE point will be active at any one time, so the action will be focused on one specific area at a time.
- The Point capture mechanism works exactly like Control Point mode.
- The number of tanks capturing a Point makes no difference. Even a single tank can stop a team from completing a capture.
- Once the Point has been successfully captured by one of the teams, it is deactivated, and a few seconds later, another random Point is activated. The same Points may be activated multiple times during one match.
- The team with the higher score at the end of the match, or who reaches the target score first, wins.
This mode involves more team collaboration and much larger skirmishes. Expect aggressive action and lots of adrenaline!
The mode will be available on following maps:
- Industrial zone
To see the original announcement, check out V-LOG ep232.
Important news about Solo Deathmatch mode
With the release of Siege mode, Solo Deathmatch will become available in PRO battles only.
For some time now, we’ve been noticing that Solo deathmatch has become exclusively the realm of a small group of specialised players.
There are a number of reasons for this, and we explain everything in detail in Episode 233 of the V-LOG.
But the main point is that In multiplayer games, team and solo modes don’t mix well.
When playing solo, you have only one instinct – shoot everything that moves. But in team modes, a completely different set of principles apply. And randomly switching from one mindset to another can get very confusing.
To hear the finer points behind this decision, check out Episode 233 of the V-LOG.
So, jump into the game tomorrow and start enjoying the new Siege mode. And while you wait impatiently for the server restart, jump into the forum to share your thoughts and potential strategies!