Paint Separation Update
If you’ve been following the official Tanki Online channels, you probably know that our programmers have been working on a very important update codenamed «Disintegration». With this update, all paints have been separated into two elements — Paint Elements (purely visual, with no protection whatsoever) and Protection Modules (purely for protective purposes).
The great news is that the wait is over, and the update is now in the game!
Key points you need to know
- This update affects ALL existing paints. That includes the paints in your garage.
- As explained above, all of your paints have been separated into their respective Paint Element and Protection Module.
- Any micro-upgrades you may have had on your existing paints have been transferred —exactly as they are— to the Protection Module.
- You will now be able to combine any Paint Element with any Protection Module.
Let’s say you have the “Tiger” paint in your garage, with 35/50 micro-upgrades. With this update, your Tiger paint has been separated into:
- A Paint Element with a tiger pattern (and no protection), and
- A Protection Module with 35/50 micro-upgrades, and protections against Railgun, Smoky, and Hammer.
If you’ve always loved the Tiger paint, but don’t find those protections useful, with this update you’ll be able to combine your Tiger paint with another set of protections that is more useful for your playing style.
This update has also introduced the following changes:
- From now on, only new Protection Modules with new protection combinations will be available for sale.
- The Protection Modules from old paints that existed prior to the «Disintegration Update», will never again be available for sale. These will remain in the game as «Legacy Modules» in the garages of players who owned the respective paints prior to the update.
- You’ll be able to view your opponent’s technical details, including equipment level, micro-upgrade level, and resistances. To do this, you’ll need to have your opponent in view and press (and hold) “R” on your keyboard.
- If your opponent is equipped with resistances against your current weapon, you’ll be able to see a shield icon in front of his nickname, and the percentage of protection he has against your turret
- Paint prices have changed (some are cheaper, others are more expensive), and also affect the prices of any kits in which they are included.
- Premium paints have been stripped of their protections and will remain purely as Paint Elements. These premium paints will not give you a Protection Module. This also applies to other special paints such as Helper, Champion, Silver and Veteran (where required, these protections will be added by the administration as needed).
So, head into the game right now and try the new paints and protection modules!
===UPDATED 13:30 UTC July 14th===
===Info about Champion, Silver, Bronze, Acid, Star, Helper Paints===
The current owners of these paints will be receiving Protection Modules as follows:
- Owners of the Champion Paint will receive a module with 25% resistances against all turrets and mines
- Owners of the Silver Paint will receive a module with 20% resistances against all turrets and mines
- Owners of the Bronze Paint will receive a module with 15% resistances against all turrets and mines
- Owners of the Acid Paint will receive a module with 20% resistances against all turrets and mines
- Owners of the Star Paint will receive a module with 15% resistances against all turrets and mines
- Owners of the Helper Paint will receive a module with 20% resistances against all turrets and mines
Important points to note:
Before the update, the Champion, Silver, Bronze, Acid and Helper paints were temporarily awarded to players who held a specific position or status in the game (e.g. eSports champion or Helper), and were removed from a player’s garage once that player no longer held that status or position.
The corresponding Protection Modules mentioned above will work in exactly the same way. Once the player’s special status is removed, the corresponding special Protection Module will also be removed from that player’s garage.
Over the next 24-48 hours, we’ll be going through the player database and assigning these special Protection Modules to current owners of these paints.