I’m sure many of you have tried to create a cool niсkname in Tanki, only to find out that that nickname is not available, and even worse, that its user hasn’t even played in a very long time! The great news is that we’re implementing a new system aimed at solving this problem.
First of all, only the nicknames of inactive accounts will be released. An account is considered “inactive” if it hasn’t been used to enter to the game for a certain length of time (depending on the rank). For example, for a Generalissimo account the period is around one year.
For accounts that have been used to purchase crystals, the minimum period of inactivity is extended to 3 years from the date of the last purchase, regardless of the account’s rank.
An inactive nickname will only become publicly available if someone tries to register it. At that point, one of two things can happen:
- If the inactive account isn’t linked to a valid email address, the new user will be able to register the nickname.
- If the inactive account is linked to a valid email address, the original owner will receive an email notification informing him/her that someone wants to claim the nickname. From that moment, the original owner of the account will have one week to reactivate his/her account by using it to enter the game. If he/she fails to do so within that timeframe, the new user will be able to register the nickname.
Important information for those who are worried about losing their tank!
First of all, don’t worry! Even if you lose your nickname, you will NOT lose your account. In fact, inactive accounts will simply be renamed to free up the nickname, and you will still be able to access your account, even if it has lost its nickname.
To lose your nickname, all of the following events need to have happened:
- you did not enter the game for a very long time;
- someone tried to register your nickname;
- you didn’t notice a letter telling you that someone else has tried to register your nickname;
- someone tried to register your nickname a second time;
After all of the above has happened, your inactive account will be given a new nickname.
If after losing your nickname and being given a new one, you decide to return to the game, you’ll be able to continue playing with this new nickname (keeping all of the achievements, garage items, and crystals that you had), or you can choose a different name by using the email linked to your account, or by contacting Tanki Online technical support service.
We hope that with this new system, you’ll finally be able to choose a cool nickname without having to use a bunch of additional symbols!